Thursday, February 23, 2012

Making pillow boxes and waiting for my watches.

I just looked at my last blog, it was over a year ago!  Where has the time gone?  A year ago I thought I was going to have to look for something else to make because the manufacturer of the watches I use went out of business.  Then a guy found my site and ordered 10 watches and 10 pens for his business.

Here is what I came up with for his business, very simple, but just right for a guy.  His company is about putting coupons and ads on paper grocery bags.  So, the background of the watch is a paper bag.
He has many business connections and was able to find my watches for me.  I received a small order to start with and now expecting a very large shipment soon.  He has promised to keep me busy with orders that he is getting form other businesses.

I have started making these pillow boxes to put my watches and pens in.  I had to come up with my own design since I could not find a pattern the size I wanted on the Internet.  Went to Michaels Arts & Crafts and found this 110lb card stock paper in 5 colors then bought paper rafia ribbon to dress them up a bit.  I don't want to get too fancy because some of these are going to guys.



 I fold them so that all the printing is on the inside.  Added "My SR Creations" on the inside of the box, didn't want to send them thru the printer again.


I like how they turned out, just the right size for one watch or one pen.  This seashell flower watch is for sale on my srwatches.etsy.com shop.

Here are the different colors.  In this pic the back one looks kind of pink but it more of an ecru.  The crossword puzzle in this watch is for sale on Etsy also.

I have this feeling that I will get my large order of watches tomorrow.  I sure hope so, I have about 30 orders to fill!  Back to making boxes, I want to be prepared when they do come.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment